Now that the Christmas season is finally here, everyone is ready to spread Christmas cheer! One of the best parts about the Christmas season is baking cookies for the whole family or even to give to others. For more delicious cookie recipes click here.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons milk/half-and-half
- mix powdered sugar, the butter, 1 teaspoon vanilla, almond extract, and egg until well blended. Stir in flour, baking soda and cream of tartar.
- cover and refrigerate for 3 hours
- Heat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 7 to 8 minutes. Cool completely for about 30 minutes.
- beat all frosting ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
Before the fall season comes to an end try making these delicious pumpkin waffles with Apple Cider Syrup. It is the perfect recipe for the whole family to enjoy on a Saturday morning. For more waffle recipes click here!
- 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs separated
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Apple Cider Syrup
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat waffle iron
- combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, salt, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl stir the pumpkin, milk and egg yolks.
- whip the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until soft peaks form
Ice cream is the perfect dessert for hot summer days but it tastes even better when you can travel the world trying ice cream flavors from all different shops. If you are looking for the next place to plan you summer vacation try to stop by these delicious shops!
- Salt & Straw– Portland, Oregon
- The Comfy Cow– Louisville, Kentucky
- Island Creamery– Chincoteague Island, Virginia
- Giolitti– Rome
- Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream– Colombus, Ohio
- Churn– Phoenix, Arizona
- Berthillon– Paris
- Blue Marble Ice Cream– Brooklyn, New York
- Gelato Messina– Australia
- Milk– Los Angeles, California
- Bi-Rite Ice Cream– San Francisco, California
- Amy’s Ice Cream– Austin, Texas
For the full list click here!
What is the difference between Vegetarian and Vegan? Vegetarian is a person who does not eat meat and sometimes other animal products. Vegan is a person who does not eat or use animal products. The main difference between these two types of people is that a vegetarian usually only stays away from meat while a vegan does not eat anything made from animals. However, both types eat similar foods such as: fruits, vegetables, leafy greens, whole grains, nuts, seeds and legumes. Being a vegan or vegetarian still have lots of delicious food choices.
For vegan recipes click here!
For vegetarian recipes click here!
People often wonder, “What is gluten?”. Gluten is a substance present in cereal grains, especially wheat, that is responsible for the elastic texture of dough. It is mostly found in three main types of grains wheat, barley and rye. Some people are gluten-intolerant, which means that their bodies cannot process wheat or related gluten grains. The most well known gluten-intolerant disease is celiac disease, if they consumer a food with gluten, it triggers an immune response that destroys their immune system. People who either have a disease like celiac, or just want to go on the gluten free diet struggle to find foods that taste good. Not everything gluten free has a disgusting taste! Here are a list of common foods that are gluten free but still taste delicious:
Delicious gluten free recipes! just click here!
- beans,seeds and nuts in an unprocessed form
- fresh eggs
- fresh meats, fish and poultry
- fruits and vegetables
- chex cereal
These simple, fast and easy desserts are the perfect way to end a busy day. They are satisfying to all ages and are fun to make with the whole family. These recipes range from healthy fruits to sweet, savory brownie parfaits. All these recipes are easy but delicious desserts that are perfect for any occasion. It can be found here!
These delicious recipes will get you ready for the holidays filling it with goodness and fun. Food Network chefs have provide recipes for all family’s to enjoy on Thanksgiving day. These recipes are easy and fun to make with the whole family, while trying new foods that you have never tried before! Whether it is for a party of people or just your family these are the perfect recipes for the holiday! It can be found here!
- 1 Keebler ready Crust Chocolate Pie Crust (6oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups cold half-and-half
- 1 to 3 1/2 oz. package vanilla instant pudding
- 4 oz. frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 cup Keebler E.L. Fudge Sandwich Cookies (crushed)
- Pour half-and-half into large bowl
- Add pudding, beat with wire whisk until well blended for 1 minute
- Let stand for 5 minutes
- Fold in whipped topping and crush cookies
- Spoon into crust
- Freeze until firm, approx. 6 hrs.
- Garnish as desired
These 23 foods don’t just satisfy the eyes but will satisfy your taste buds. These recipes are for any time of the day whether it is breakfast, lunch, dinner or desert. They also are simple and fun to make with the whole family! This link will lead you to the best recipes around! It can be found here!